- A say in one’s or other’s life?
- Dad deserves a say about his life, even if he’s wrong
- Elder neighbor in crisis?
- Prisons Not Geared to the Needs of the Elderly, Study Finds
- How to fall-proof your body and your home
- nesting in place
- Think ahead to stay safe at home
- Growing Older – Liz Taylor (major series under old title)
Liz Taylor began her career as a federal consumer-fraud investigator and was appointed by Elizabeth Dole in 1976 to direct a nationwide investigation of the nursing-home industry. She’s worked in the aging field ever since.
In the 1980s, Liz became one of the first geriatric care managers in the Pacific Northwest, working with thousands of families and older adults to find high-quality services. In 2000, she founded Aging Deliberately, a business that teaches people how to prepare for their aging so they’ll have more control over what happens to them. In 2005, she served as a delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. She’s won the American Geriatrics Society’s 2007 Aging Awareness Media Award and the Washington Association of Homes and Services for the Aging’s Excellence in Media Award. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/growingolder/
Part V: Five factors driving costs
Part VI: Long-term care Q&A Lessons from the past
Site Search Tags: Liz+Taylor,, aging,, ageing,, geriatric+case+manager,, RSS