I don’t want to change the original link for these posts and these changes, while notable, aren’t sufficient for an entirely new post. Unfortunately, without a new post, most readers by feed (Feaders?) or E-mail won’t know of the revisions.
O’Folks (off their rocker)
Old age isn't a disease.
© header image
For those new to blogs, check out this post *commenting on blogs* Recent comments, on the sidebar blogroll, often have additional or complementary information. Recent revisions of posts themselves may be found by using the search box for "revised". Tech support says spam (ads or worse) is hitting WordPress heavily so if you don't see your comment in 24 hours, send an E-mail and TS will check the spam trap.
Search this site
- Weekly Digest: Web Browser Guide for Bloggers, Blogger Prejudice, Awesome Review of My Book, and More WordPress News « Lorelle on WordPress on Why blog? Who, me?
- Rebecca bagby on Senior softball champion is an enigma even to his teammates
- Re-discovery of ‘extinct’ animals | Dear Kitty. Some blog on Man who rediscovered the takahe, nonagenarian
- Chance Smith on Nonagenarian archaeologist Kathleen Gilmore
- Connie Drapeau Kennedy on Grants: Family Caregivers
What others read here
Click to view entries in topic
abuse neglect ageism AI/AN Alaska assisted living blogosphere Can you help? checklists computers cultural resources demography EHSC eldercare funding govt resources health housing Katrina law legal mods, how-to, DIY nonagenarian O'Folks special projects Palin pets planning retirement rural safety senior advisory board senior center Tolstoy's bicyclists tribal Uncategorized updates usability
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Longtime metro Detroit businessman 'Mr. Belvedere' passes away at age 95 - WXYZWXYZLongtime metro Detroit businessman 'Mr. Belvedere' passes away at age 95WXYZ(WXYZ) - Maurice "Bud" Lezell, also known as "Mr. Belvedere", has died at the age of 95. Lezell was well-known in metro Detroit for his popular construction business commercials. He died in Sarasota, Florida on March 26. His construction company ...D […]
- Former Amherst Mayor Jaworski dies at age 91 - Chronicle TelegramChronicle TelegramFormer Amherst Mayor Jaworski dies at age 91Chronicle Telegram“If you didn't know how old John was, you wouldn't suspect he was close to 90,” Adams said. “He was always full of energy and ready to help out.” Outside of the public realm, Gragel and Manning said Jaworski was known for gardening, especially his ...
- Bill Minor, Mississippi's dean of journalism, dies at 93 - The Sun HeraldThe Sun HeraldBill Minor, Mississippi's dean of journalism, dies at 93The Sun HeraldBill Minor was one of the nation's preeminent journalists during the civil rights movement, mentoring several young reporters who worked in the state and went on to win Pulitizer Prizes. He is pictured here delivering a eulogy at the funeral of one of ...and more » […]
- Chieftain's chairman, editor dies at age 92 - KRDOKRDOChieftain's chairman, editor dies at age 92KRDOPUEBLO, Colo. - Chairman and editor of The Pueblo Chieftain, Robert Hoag Rawlings died Friday from natural causes. Rawlings was 92 years old. According to the Chieftain, he worked there and at its former sister publication, The Pueblo Star-Journal, for ...and more »
- Jackie Pung, Hawaii's First Lady of Golf, dies at age 95 - GolfDigest.comGolfDigest.comJackie Pung, Hawaii's First Lady of Golf, dies at age 95GolfDigest.comAssociated Press Golfers Betsy Rawls, right, and Jackie Pung pose with the winner's trophy at the Country Club of Rochester in Rochester, N.Y. on June 28, 1953. Rawls won the U.S. Women's Open Golf Championship by 6 strokes. Pung finished second.
- Dwayne O. Halse, age 93 - Moody County EnterpriseDwayne O. Halse, age 93Moody County EnterpriseDwayne O. Halse, age 93, of Rock Rapids, Iowa, formerly of Flandreau, died Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at the Sanford Rock Rapids Medical Center. Dwayne O. Halse was born June 3, 1923 in Watertown, South Dakota, the son of Ogden and Clarice (Kraling) ...
- June C. Knutson, age 90 - Moody County EnterpriseJune C. Knutson, age 90Moody County EnterpriseJune C. Knutson, age 90, of Flandreau, SD, passed away Wednesday, March 22, 2017, at Avera Flandreau Hospital. June Christine Christensen, daughter of Axel J. and Alma (Helmer) Christensen as born on March 21, 1927 near Hannaford, ND.
- Newcastle United's legendary tea lady Kath Cassidy dies aged 90 as Alan Shearer leads tributes - Mirror.co.ukMirror.co.ukNewcastle United's legendary tea lady Kath Cassidy dies aged 90 as Alan Shearer leads tributesMirror.co.ukIconic Newcastle United tea lady Kath Cassidy, who brewed cuppas for players and staff for almost 50 years at the club, has died at age 90. Club legends from Alan Shearer to Kevin Keegan have paid tribute to Cassidy, a beloved fixtures a […]
- Lee A. Rose, age 95 - Moody County EnterpriseLee A. Rose, age 95Moody County EnterpriseLee A. Rose, age 95, of Flandreau, SD, passed away Friday, March 24, 2017, at Avera Flandreau Hospital surrounded by his loving family. Lee was born August 28, 1921, in Rockwell City, IA, to Harley and Nellie (Hutzell) Rose. He graduated from Heron ...
- Elaine Timm, age 91 - Moody County EnterpriseElaine Timm, age 91Moody County EnterpriseElaine Timm, daughter of William and Lola (Whaley) Atkins was born January 3, 1926 in Flandreau, SD. She graduated from Flandreau High School in 1943. She was united in marriage to Herman Timm on May 23, 1944 in Garretson. They lived in Gardena, ...
- Reverend Doctor Walter Soboleff Memorial Service
- Betty White rocks
- Bethel the Kodiak bear one of the oldest
- Supercentenarians January 2009
- Walter Soboleff, Tlingit linguist 1908-2011
- Esther Martinez, nonagenarian Tewa linguist, 2008 honor
- Todd Palin’s grandmother
- Alaska Elders as refugees [internally displaced persons]
- HEALTHY COMMUNITIES FOR ACTIVE AGING GRANTS
- Otto Friend, nonagenarian
- Younger Alaskan perspectives on Gov. Palin
- Gladys Jung, nonagenarian, 1917-2008
- Slate magazine issue on old people
- What else happened during Sarah Palin’s speech (the ice shelf collapsed)
- Sarah Palin, the elderly, the disabled, older Americans and rural Alaska
- May 2011 (1)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2009 (2)
- November 2008 (2)
- October 2008 (6)
- September 2008 (3)
- August 2008 (1)
- June 2008 (4)
- May 2008 (1)
- April 2008 (8)
- March 2008 (3)
- February 2008 (3)
- January 2008 (6)
- December 2007 (4)
- November 2007 (5)
- October 2007 (7)
- September 2007 (3)
- August 2007 (11)
- July 2007 (6)
- June 2007 (7)
- May 2007 (8)
- April 2007 (7)
- March 2007 (7)
- February 2007 (14)
- January 2007 (11)
- December 2006 (7)
- November 2006 (7)
- October 2006 (9)
- September 2006 (22)
- August 2006 (17)
- July 2006 (18)
- June 2006 (11)
- May 2006 (3)
- April 2006 (4)
- March 2006 (16)
- February 2006 (5)
- January 2006 (12)
- December 2005 (6)
- November 2005 (10)
- October 2005 (32)
- September 2005 (38)
- August 2005 (29)
- July 2005 (18)
Haeremai Camai Bula Bepuwave Bienvenidos
- 157,641 visitors