This article (continuing education course) is on Medscape.com which requires a free registration. You don’t have to be a health practitioner to read and learn.
Measuring Vital Signs in Elderly People CME/CE
Author: Mark E. Williams, MD Release Date: October 17, 2005
- Measuring Vital Signs in Elderly People
- Body Temperature and Fever
- Blood Pressure
- Recommended Reading and Links
Goal The goal of this activity is to educate the health professional on identifying vital signs in elderly patients during a physical examination.
Learning Objectives Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify fever patterns and the possible causes and implications.
- Recognize key pulse features and possible causes of abnormalities.
- Accurately measure blood pressure and identify abnormalities and their potential causes.
- Describe patterns of respiration and their potential implications.